About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins!

I made these last night and they were AMAZING. The recipe is from the Co-op monthly specials flyer.

Thanksgiving Morning Organic Pumpkin Muffins
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3 eggs
one 15-ounce can organic pumpkin (i substituted 1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree)
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup raisins (i left these out)
1/2 cup walnuts (left these out too)

Cinnamon/Sugar Topping
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until well combined. Add pumpkin and stir to combine. Add oil gradually, stirring to mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix. Do not over-mix. Add raisins and walnuts, stirring just to combine.
Grease and flour or line 12 large muffin cups or 16 mini-muffin cups 3/4 full or two mini-loaf pans and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon/sugar topping (to make tops hard and crunchy). Bake 30 minutes or until tops are firm.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Heehee... 3/4 cup coil. These do sound amazing, m'dear. However, I have a DOUBLE amazing recipe that I tucked into that package I was going to send you, but now am going to hand you. Coil... heehee...

Allison said...

I came across your blog looking through the Olympia search results. I go to Evergreen as well, I'm a sophmore and transfer student. This recipe sounds delicious! I am going to try it out. I hope you don't mind if I subscribe to your blog.