About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Knitting

Hannah taught me how to knit! I've been knitting like mad. This is the scarf I've been working on. I just got a second skein of yarn today so I can continue, I had to stop yesterday because I ran out! It's looking really nice, I love the colors. :-D I wanna learn how to make hats next. My mom found the needles I grabbed from Granny's years ago and among them were two circular needles, as well as all the regular ones being metal, so they won't break like the stupid plastic ones I bought. Ok, that makes it sound like they snapped in half, just the tip of one of them cracked off when I was knitting with this other yarn that was probably too thick for the little size sixes.
And no, I am not taking orders yet, I'm not even done with my first scarf and want to learn how to make a bunch of stuff first. I will let you all know when I'm ready to take requests for birthday and Christmas presents.
Also, Hannah and I made a bunch of Valentine's cookies yesterday, to hand out to our friends and loved ones. It was quite enjoyable and we're getting together on Wednesday to make up little gift baggies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post! also go lime!!

Star said...

*shakes fist*