I am continuing to bake, and the other day I made Double Chocolate Mint Cookies, again from allrecipes.com http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Double-Chocolate-Mint-Cookies/Detail.aspx
I modified the recipe based on suggestions in the reviews. They turned out deliciously and I didn't take any pictures and now they're all et up. Oh well. So here's the recipe I used, and that you should use too because they are delicious:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together, butter, sugar and eggs. Mix in remaining ingredients. Blend well.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be soft. Cool about 1 minute on cookie sheet then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.