Today I made ginger snaps which turned out BEAUTIFULLY!
I got the recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Moms-Ginger-Snaps/Detail.aspx
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup white sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, oil, molasses, and egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; stir into the molasses mixture. Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll each ball in white sugar before placing 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven, or until center is firm. Cool on wire racks.