(Intravert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)
People of this type tend to be quiet, reserved and kind; deeply passionate, sensitive and easily hurt; loving and dedicated to those close to them; creative, original and imaginative; curious and flexible in small matters; nonconforming.
The most important thing to INFPs are their deeply held beliefs and living in harmony with their values.
Great careers for INFPs
Here are just a few popular and often satisfying careers for people whose Personality Type is INFP:
- Human resources professional
- Physical therapist
- Translator / interpreter
- Legal mediator
- Employee development specialist
- College professor: humanities
- Massage therapist
- Social worker
- Fashion designer
- Editor / art director
This site added two careers:
- Religious worker
- Holistic health practitioner
How to Love an INFP
- Appreciate my uniqueness and sensitivity.
- Be a patient and supportive listener.
- Respect my privacy and my need for emotional intimacy.
- Be reassuring and gentle in your words and actions.
- Try not to force decisions too quickly, or bug me about being messy.
- Above all - respect my feelings and never demand that I compromise my values.
Tips for Communicating with INFPs:
- Share genuine beliefs and values to establish rapport
- Respect their slower warm time and need for privacy
- Emphasize the ways ideas will benefit others