About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States

Monday, April 7, 2008

My Personality Type

Hannah posted her personality type on her blog, so I am following suit [it's just the standard Meyers-Briggs(sp?)].
Monster.com Quiz

Life as an INFP
(Intravert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)

People of this type tend to be quiet, reserved and kind; deeply passionate, sensitive and easily hurt; loving and dedicated to those close to them; creative, original and imaginative; curious and flexible in small matters; nonconforming.

The most important thing to INFPs are their deeply held beliefs and living in harmony with their values.

Great careers for INFPs

Here are just a few popular and often satisfying careers for people whose Personality Type is INFP:

PersonalityType.com Quiz
This site added two careers:
  • Religious worker
  • Holistic health practitioner
And offers this advice for loving me:

How to Love an INFP


  • Appreciate my uniqueness and sensitivity.
  • Be a patient and supportive listener.
  • Respect my privacy and my need for emotional intimacy.
  • Be reassuring and gentle in your words and actions.
  • Try not to force decisions too quickly, or bug me about being messy.
  • Above all - respect my feelings and never demand that I compromise my values.

Tips for Communicating with INFPs:

  • Share genuine beliefs and values to establish rapport
  • Respect their slower warm time and need for privacy
  • Emphasize the ways ideas will benefit others

3 comments:

Hannah said...

A Relgious Worker huh? What religion do you think you'd peddle material for?

Star said...

i'm planning on being a rude atheist who meets at coffee shops.

Photo Synthesis said...

DUDE, i'm an INFP too!!