About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States

Sunday, April 19, 2009

My weekend

Planted a couple more peas(5 or 6 sprouts have come up!), a bunch of scattered carrots, and 4 artichoke starts I bought at the farmer's market today. Also, Hannah and I went to Bark and Garden and got air plants :-). i now have my own baby air plant and don't know where to put it. I'm thinking of using Hannah's idea of hanging it in a window from a wire or string. 

I'm incredibly tired because yesterday was a long day of way more activity than I'm accustomed to. I went to the Great Wolf Lodge water park for Peter's birthday party and went on slides and played in the wave pool and other such nonsense. It's fun to play with my friends :-). 
Benji's working on some homework and then I think I'll make him go to bed with me, as I am very sleepy. It's almost impossible for me to fall asleep when he is still awake, I keep thinking he'll come to bed any minute and then I can't sleep. So that is my story. Also, I have knock-off Chuck Taylor's that are white with pink cupcakes all over them and a typed recipe for cupcakes in black Times New Roman scattered about. They're basically the best shoes ever, thank you Payless. Also, allergies are the suck and I have taken 12 freeze-dried nettle capsules today to keep them in check. My throat hurts and I am itchy and it is hard to breathe. STUPID. If anyone with health insurance and a prescription wants to sell me some Allegra that'd be awesome. Turns out even the generic is $90 for a month's supply without insurance. Fuck me, right? I used to get it for $10 or $20 a bottle. Ah the good old days. 
Also, I've recently read Bonk by Mary Roach and recommend it highly, along with her previous two books, Stiff and Spook. Now I'm reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory, which I borrowed from Hannah. 
Also, don't go on the yellow/red slide at Great Wolf Lodge unless you want to pee your swim bottoms.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hey honey, how are your airplants doing!?