About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Brownies

Last night Ben, Erik, and I took the bus to west Olympia and did some shopping. I got some baking chocolate and made brownies from scratch. I haven't tried them yet, they're still cooling. The recipe is from the package of Ghirardelli chocolate.

4 oz Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar (1 bar)
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup & 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/3 cup Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chips (I used Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips!)

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter and flour an 8" X 8" pan. In a heavy 1-1/2 qt saucepan melt chocolate bar and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove pan from heat; let cool to room temperature. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, mix well. In bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly fold in flour mixture; mix well. Stir in chips. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.

Edit: The brownies were a hit! Everyone loved them. Only problem is I forgot I'm the only person I know who doesn't like Ghirardelli chocolate, so I didn't enjoy them as much. Still ate a few and liked the chocolate chips a lot and could tell they were good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how were they, semi-sweet are actually sometimes better for baking ...